The Anhinghoo with an Exactlywattle?!


Somehow, the crazy-looking birds of Limoncocha reminded me of that classic Shel Silverstein poem, "The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt." I can hear myself explaining to my friends, "I saw this Wattled Jacana the other day, and there was an Anhinga dancing in a tree!" and having them respond, "A wattled exactly what?"

So, please enjoy this little poem and two videos of the nutty avian life of the Amazon Rainforest.


The Meehoo with an Exactlywatt

by Shel Silverstein

Knock knock!
Who's there?
Me!
Me who?
That's right!
What's right?
Meehoo!
That's what I want to know!
What's what you want to know?
Me, WHO?
Yes, exactly!
Exactly what?
Yes, I have an Exactlywatt on a chain.
Exactly what on a chain?
Yes!
Yes what?
No, Exactlywatt!
That's what I want to know!
I told you - Exactlywatt.
Exactly WHAT?
Yes!
Yes what?
Yes, it's with me!
What's with you?
Exactlywatt - that's what's with me.
Me who?
Yes!
GO AWAY!

Knock knock...